Crab Fried Rice

by - October 09, 2011

I love crab and "blue crab" is one of my favorite crabs. I think it is the sweetest and best tasting of all crab.

When I was young I had the luxury of being able to go to the seashore catching blue crabs. 
It was a favorite family outing when I was growing up. I loved going to the sea and always fascinated with angry-looking blue crabs and other weird sea creatures found on the beach.  
Moreover, would you believe me if I said crab catching was really easy and productive?   
I could remember myself strolling along with my dad carrying the basket 
full of live blue crabs.  


At that time blue crabs were so plentiful that we didn't have to have to try hard. After a few hours, we came back to bring in dinner. Then my mom would steam them right away and pair with some hot dipping sauce.
Then we would sit at the table picking, sucking the sweet succulent meat off their legs. We rarely talked, we ate. :-)  To me, crab catching was "not just about food" but also a very relaxing way to spend time with my family.


Sometimes, if we had more than enough crabs, we would keep them in the fridge. Then the next day my mom would make delicious crab fried rice for breakfast.  

Today I am sharing with you our family crab fried rice recipe. 
Ingredients 
4 cups overnight steamed rice (I used jasmine rice.) 
crab meat (steamed or boiled)
3 eggs
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
2 tablespoon soy sauce 
1/2 tablespoon fish sauce
2 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 stalk spring onion, sliced 
little salt, sugar and pepper


Method    
Heat up the wok with vegetable oil. Add in garlic, stir fry until aromatic.  Then add in beaten eggs and wait until they are half cook.  Stir fry so they form small pieces. Add in rice and mix well with the eggs.

Add in soy sauce, fish sauce, salt sugar and pepper.Stir fry for a few minutes. Add in spring onion, crab meat and do some quick stir. Dish out and serve hot.
Enjoy!




You May Also Like

3 comments

  1. Ooh this looks delicious!! I'm so accustomed to making fried rice one way that it didn't occur to me to try it with crab! How awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jamie | The Unseasoned WokThanks for your comment, Jamie.:-) Believe me crab fried rice is too good to pass up, especially the one with blue crab. I am sure you will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love crab too! I must try this soon. The photos are great!

    ReplyDelete