Homemade Salted Egg

by - December 03, 2012

I love salted eggs and anything with salted eggs fills me with joys. I love them fried, boiled or added to stir fried dishes. So I am more than happy and pretty excited to make these delicious salted eggs at home. 

The first time I learned how to make tasty salted eggs I was still in primary school. It was so long ago but amazingly I can visualize myself cleaning those big beautiful translucent white duck eggs , carefully line them in the jar and cover them with the brine in one cooking class. I remember myself carefully carrying a large jar choke full of my very first salted eggs back home and enjoy them with my family. It is one of my vivid childhood memories.       

So for me, salted egg are not only  my favorite food but it carried with it flood of sweet beautiful memories of my time in school. And I do hope I can preserve these wonderful memories. 

Making homemade salted egg is uncomplicated, convenient and nutritiously rewarding. I hope you get to try this recipe and enjoy these homemade salted eggs with your loved ones. 

Homemade salted eggs recipe 
Ingredients 
eggs (I used chicken eggs. However, I suggest you to use duck eggs for even better result.)
sea salt and water 1 : 5
1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine 
Preparation 
1. Bring water to the boil. Add 1 tablespoon of salt at a time. Keep boiling until the salt dissolve completely. Let cool. Add in Chinese rice wine.
2. Arrange eggs in the container. Pour salted water into the container and cover the eggs. You may notice that some eggs above would float to the surface, so place something on top of the eggs(I used a plastic bag filled with salted water.). The idea is to keep the eggs submerge completely in the brine. Then close the container tightly.

The brining process will take about 3-4 weeks. Label the start date to remind yourself.

After 3 weeks, the salted eggs are ready for frying. 
     

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. My husband love pickled eggs so he may loves this too. The story of your childhood is charming! I enjoyed it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband loved pickled eggs too. Thanks for stopping by. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete