Heavenly Beef (Neua Swarn เนื้อสวรรค์)

by - January 25, 2014


It 's winter now in Japan, I am sure many people are bundling up at home and cooking, in stead of out and about in freezing weather. I am lucky that I am in Tokyo where winter is mild, in fact, this year there is no real winter here. However, being a woman from tropical country, I feel cold whenever the temperature drops below 25°C.

As I don't want to go outside, I preserved a lot of food for consumption: I froze vegetables, fruit and even sushi rice. Besides freezing, dehydrating is another great way to preserve food that I especially love because it is so easy and only takes a little extra time. 

Heavenly Beef is not so hard to make and you can use any part of beef you like. Just marinate the beef with only few ingredients, dehydrate and deep fry it. I am sure you will love this dark, glossy, aromatic with meat so tender and silky. The thought of it just set my mouth watering. 

Below is my Heavenly Beef recipe
Ingredients
400 grams beef (I used rib eye), cut into thin slices
a pinch of salt 
2 teaspoon coriander seeds, lightly pound
2 teaspoon fish sauce
6 teaspoon light soy sauce
2 tablespoon+2 teaspoon light brown sugar
1 tablespoon honey

Preparation
1. Marinate the beef with all the ingredients. Let sit in the fridge overnight for the taste to incorporate and grow.
2. Take the beef out of the fridge. Lay them out in the sun or in a well- ventilated area to dry naturally. (You can also use an oven or a dehydrator.)The biggest thing to remember with dehydrating is to make sure your food is completely dehydrated- with no water left- before storing in order to prevent mold.
3. Deep fry the beef, serve with steamed glutinous rice.

You May Also Like

0 comments