Shrimp in Chili Oil

by - September 16, 2011

I love Chinese food and adore Chinese cuisine. For years, I 've been searched high and low for a really good Chinese restaurant to dine in, but haven't yet found a satisfactory one in Tokyo.  So I have long been craving for very nice Chinese food, the last I had best was during my pregnancy in Jalan Alor, Kuala Lumpur---6 years ago.  


One of the Chinese dishes I had there was shrimp chili oil. 



The shrimp was stir fried with aromatic ground garlic and ginger coated with hot chili oil sauce. It was so hot and flavorful. Though, sometimes, the chef was overly generous with his chili oil and made my throat burn, I kept eating until the last drop.     


So here is my delicious shrimp in chili oil. It will never compare to the real one found in Kuala Lumpur, but a last I got my fix for now. 


Ingredients 
200 grams shrimp
1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
1/2 teaspoon grated garlic 
1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine 
-------------------------
2 eggs
1 tablespoon sesame oil 
spring onion and sesame seeds to garnish 
Ingredients for hot sauce 
2 tablespoon ketchup
1 tablespoon chili oil 
little corn starch 
little sugar, salt and pepper

Method
Marinate the shrimp with Chinese rice wine, grated garlic and ginger for 15-20 minutes. 
Heat and oil the pan over a medium low flame. Pour in the beaten eggs to the pan. 
Let the eggs cook undisturbed until they begin to set, then stir them of the pan gently. 
Set aside.


In a small bowl, mix all the sauce ingredients. 
Heat up the pan, add in shrimp (with the marinate)and the sauce mixture. 
Stir fry until the shrimp is done and the sauce is thicken.


Dish out. Serve immediately. 


You May Also Like

0 comments