Cashew Nut Chicken
Cashew nuts are always ones of my favorite nuts ever. I usually buy them by kilo and keep all of them in the fridge to ensure the freshness. I eat them almost daily as all time snack and always add them to my favorite sweet and meat dishes. I love both the crunchy texture and nutty favor cashew nuts bring to the dishes.
Making cashew nut chicken maybe easy, but the results never disappointed. Cashew nuts give a wonderful crunch to the soft, juicy chicken that has been deep fried and seasoned with sweet savory sauce with a hint of spiciness. This is a basic and pretty easy recipe for a dish you are sure to be love.
300 grams boneless chicken
all propose flour
1.5 tablespoon oyster sauce
1.5 tablespoon ketchup
1 teaspoon Thai roasted chili paste
1/2 onion, cut into 1/2 inch square chunk
4 stalks spring onion, cut into bite size
40 grams cashew nuts
6 dried large Thai chili, cut into bite size
1. Cut the chicken into bite size, coat with some flour.
2. Heat up the wok with a lot of oil. Deep fry the chicken until lightly golden.
3. Turn down the heat to medium low. Deep fried the cashew nuts and chili for few seconds. Set aside.
4. Remove all but 2 tablespoon oil from your wok. Heat the wok up to medium high again. Add in onion, stir fry until slightly soft. Add in chicken, season with oyster sauce, ketchup, chili paste, sugar. Stir to combine.
5. Add in cashew nut, chili and spring onion. Do few quick stir. Remove from heat. Serve hot with a plate of steamed rice.